In celebration of Catholic Schools Week, our students visited service organizations around Branford, to thank them for all they do for us. Here is a short video of St. Mary's Fifth and Second Grade students singing "We Appreciate You" to First Selectman Unk DaRos.
A Report from Sister Carolyn
I began my ministry as Principal at St. Mary School this year and have been delighted to find a dedicated staff, enthusiastic families and children who are eager to learn and grow in their faith.
For those who have not been to the school in a while, much has changed! But, our dedication to helping children develop in a nurturing, academically challenging environment remains the same. We give witness to our Catholic faith every day in ways that encourage love, respect and responsibility.
I am pleased to share with you a few highlights. In the last three months, we have:
- Installed white boards in 12 classrooms
- Painted many classrooms
- Started a Spanish Club
- Started an Art Club
- Installed Smart Boards in pre-K and Kindergarten
- Ordered Smart Boards for Grade 1 and Grade 2
- Begun to purchase laptops and projectors for teachers
- Begun to make use of the MimioStudio Interactive Classroom Program
- Begun organizing a Fife & Drum Corps
- Increased enrollment to 101 students
- Hired faculty, half of whom have Master’s Degrees and all of whom are certified
- Purchased equipment for the Science Lab
- Renovated the Faculty Room
- Installed additional security cameras
- Installed new lighting in classrooms
- Redesigned our website
- Assured that a foreign language is taught from pre-K through Grade 8
- Made financial assistance available to many families who could not otherwise afford St. Mary School
It is an honor and a privilege to be part of a school community that is thriving! Our challenges in the coming year include implementing our new technology plan, continuing to broaden our extracurricular program, developing a strong scholarship pool and expanding our enrollment. I am confident that, with God and this community on our side, we will succeed!